Open records notice
Putnam County Recorder
• The Putnam County Recorder follows the Ohio law in responding to requests for Public Records.
• The Recorder’s Records are available for inspection during regular business hours, with the exception of legal holidays, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
• The Putnam County Recorder will provide copies of any public record, kept by the office that is required by Ohio law. Requested copies of records will be made available within a reasonable period of time, taking into account the volume of the request, location of records being requested, and the necessity for any legal review. Requested copies may be picked up in person, faxed, or sent by U.S. Mail. All fees must be paid in advance including postage and shipping charges if applicable.
• By law the requestor is not obligated to reveal their identity, or the reason for the request. However, the staff may ask certain questions that would be necessary to be able to locate the information requested. The Recorder’s staff will explain how the records are organized to assist the requester in obtaining the information needed.
• If requested information is not kept in the Recorder’s office, every attempt will be made to direct the requester to the correct location.
• If a public record contains information that has been redacted for privacy reasons, the redaction on the public record will be clearly visible.
• If a request is denied, the Recorder’s staff will provide a reason. A written response will be provided if the request was made in writing.•
• The complete Putnam County Recorder’s Open Record Policy and The Putnam County Recorder’s Retention Schedule are available upon request.